2011年11月30日水曜日

BR 2-13: The Dragon Painter


"Dragons are magical creatures...if I painted their eyes, they will come to life." (Dickins, (2006), p30-31)

I chose this book because I can't image story of this book. Also I like dragon so I wanted to read it.

Main character is a famous painter in China. He is good at painting animals, forest, birds, flowers and tree and so on. People liked his pictures so many people came to his house to buy his pictures. One day, he went to a temple. A Buddhist monk was troubled by droppingd of doves. He helped him for painting a big eagle. Doves were scary it and never come to the temple. He rised in fame more so he called an Emperor in China. He ordered Dragon's picture. He painted 4 dragons excellently but he didn't paint only eyes. An Emperor ordered to paint eyes. Dragons become real creature and 2 dragons eacape in the sky.

I thought it is a interesting story. This book said "Eyes brearth life into pictures". If you are interested in dragon, please try to read it.

Reference

Dickins, Rosie. (2006). The Dragon Painter. London : Usborne.

[187 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿